Community School Coordinator (Temp) - Gordon Denny Community School (Air Ronge)
Gordon Denny Community School
Invites applications for a
Community School Coordinator
The Community School Coordinator is a community worker who works closely with the administration, staff, students, parents, School Community Council, and community members as a team in implementing and coordinating all aspects of the Community School Program.
This is a temporary full-time position to commence August 27, 2021 until December 17, 2021. The coordinator would work approximately 35 hours per week and must be willing to work flexible hours.
- To enhance community and school relations
- To coordinate in school, after school, and evening programming for children and adults
- To assist in developing a positive, supportive school climate
- To encourage parents and other community members to participate effectively in all aspects of the community school
- To take a leadership role in planning programs and events within the school community
- To work collaboratively with other agencies and organizations to promote community development
- Seeking and applying for applicable grants for the school program
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Initiative, creativity and reliability
- Experience working with children
- Proven commitment to community and teamwork
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Familiarity with or interest in outdoor education programming (would be considered an asset)
Please email application (PDF or Word) including resumé, current criminal record check and the names of three references as soon as possible to:
Northern Lights School Division #113
La Ronge, SK
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. Please note that present and past employers may be contacted.
We welcome diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.